One person’s smarts and hard work are rarely enough to create a successful business, even for the solo entrepreneur. If you don’t excel at all of these four sets of skills – leadership, management, technology, and sales – you need to build a team of partners, employees, and vendors who do. Learn who these people are, where to find them, and how to know if you have recruited the right people.
- Introduction: Why You Need A Team
- The Key Idea: Four Sets Of Skills Are The Foundation For Small Business Success
- Leadership: The Vision, Focus, Inspiration, And Energy Of The Entrepreneur
- Management: Managing Deadlines, Numbers, People, And Things, And Making Sure Forms Get Filed On Time
- Technology: Your Widgets Need To Be Made On Time, Of Consistent Quality, And Sold For More Than It Costs To Make Them
- Sales: Who Knows How To Leave The Meeting With A Check That Clears The Bank?
- Recruitment And Retention: Attracting And Keeping The Right People
- Identify your business team’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Write a personnel plan with strategies and timelines: By when do you need that “right” person in place.
- Build an advisory board to build your own skills.