Your committee, board, or team probably could use better methods to run your meetings. But are your choices passive chaos, benign dictatorship, or an 800-page reference manual? Learn simple, effective methods of group self-governance that ensure everyone is heard and the meeting’s work gets completed in a timely and civil fashion.
- Introduction: What Makes Meetings Work?
- The Key Idea: Meetings Need Flexible Rules That Participants Create And Support
- Decisions: Who, What, How, And By When
- Insurance: Anticipate And Communicate Problem-Solving
- Taking Turns, Straw Polls, And Sampling Opinions
- Everyone Gets To Be A Facilitator
- When To Bring In An Outsider
- Co-create meeting guidelines that are easy to follow.
- Establish culture of trust and respect.
- Ensure decisions are made with full participation.