What if someone asked you to write 800 sparkling words on gelatin salads, by 4pm? Or a radio news brief, in 15 minutes? Writers who work for professional media outlets on tight and continuous deadlines – newspapers, radio and television news, blogs that cover breaking stories – learn how to respond quickly and accurately. Writer’s block is not an option!
- Introduction: How Professional Writers Thrive During Deadlines
- The Key Idea: Prepare Before You Start Writing
- Even A Short Piece Needs An Outline
- Focus On Your Priorities: First Things First
- Keep A Back-Up File Of Inspiring Samples
- Don’t Wait For Inspiration – Just Write!
- Always Leave Time For Editing
- Feel more confident and competent during deadlines.
- Keep your editor happy.
- Develop a new marketable skill.
All, Business, Employed, Government and Politics, Health, Higher Education, Job-hunters, Libraries, Nonprofits, Religious Organizations, Retired, Schools, Self-employed, Stay-At-Home, Students, Trainers, Volunteers