The pressure to write successful grants has increased, as funding sources shrink. Desperation is making some organizations resort to a shotgun effect, hoping that at least one application will land on target. What are the most probable reasons that you did not get your grant, and what can you do instead?
- Introduction: Learn From Mistakes And Bad Timing
- The Key Idea: Put Yourself In The Shoes Of The Donor
- Create An Evaluation Process For Failed Applications
- Did You Follow The Instructions: Typos And Deadlines
- Did You Match The Goals Of The Granting Organization?
- Did You Use A Template: The One-Size-Fits-All
- Did You Ask For Feedback?
- Better success rate at raising money.
- Focus on more potentially productive grant-writing efforts.
- Find more potential funders outside of normal channels.