Professional forecasters often fail (have you ever tracked their rate of success?) because they fall in love with one formula, or they are paid to promote a specific outcome. Ironically, average people can be more successful because they might approach the same information with a more open mind. Critical thinking provides you with fourteen ways to improve accuracy when looking in your crystal ball.
- Introduction: Why We Need To Care About The Future
- The Key Idea: Approach All Assumptions With Friendly Skepticism
- How Innovators Think About The Future
- Fourteen Common Futurist Mistakes
- Five Typical Blind Spots
- Testing Your Theories In The Real World
- How To Refresh Your World View
- Become more accurate at predicting trends.
- Engage more diverse people as advisors and consultants.
- Read and research ideas off the beaten track.