Stress management is more than popping vitamins, watching movies, or drinking adult beverages. A successful stress management plan includes four strategies: preparing for a stressful event or day, respite during the day, repairing from difficult times, and prevention – making better choices. The key to success is to customize the strategies with techniques that fit your lifestyle and culture.
- Introduction: Fight, Flight, Or Use Your Brain
- The Key Idea: Prevention Is Better Than Reaction
- Preparing For The Next Stressful Event
- Microbreaks, Snacks, And Mental Vacations: Workplace Respite
- Repair: What We Can Learn From Grief Therapy
- Saying No To Stressful Relationships And Environments
- What Works For Most People Most Of The Time: Laughter
- Change behaviors that lead to unhealthy stress.
- Develop workplace rituals that promote wellness.
- Develop personal routines to promote sleep, diet, and exercise.
All, Business, Community Development, Employed, Government and Politics, Health, Higher Education, Job-hunters, Nonprofits, Religious Organizations, Retired, Schools, Stay-At-Home, Students, Trainers, Volunteers