The story of technology is the story of the tools we use. One way to look at their history is through the eyes of the inventors, investors, and entrepreneurs who bring technology to market, from a twinkle in the eye to the unwanted bargain at a garage sale. The tribulations of developing a new tool are invisible to most consumers.
- Introduction: The Circle Of Life: What Happens To A Great Idea?
- The Key Idea: Few Successes Are Permanent
- The Players: Innovators Versus Established Successes
- The Promise Of New Technologies
- Why Isn’t Technology Perfect?
- Does Failure Mean The Technology Was Lousy?
- How To Read The Progress Of The Next Great Thing?
- Create more effective policies for acquiring and replacing workplace technology.
- Avoid pitfalls when creating a business plan for a new invention.
- Build a team that can deal with the marketing and political issues of new technology.