One solid interview with a reputable writer at a respected newspaper will do more for your organization, project, or cause than chasing new friends on Facebook. It might seem old-fashioned, but cultivating relationships with credible professional writers and broadcasters still has clout in the 21st century. How can you help them decide you are their next best story?
- Introduction: Think Like A Real Journalist
- The Key Idea: What Defines A News Story?
- They Are Always Looking For A Great Story Idea
- Don’t Give The News Hound The Wrong Story
- What Makes You Different?
- Research Who They Are And How You Fit
- Be On Time: Check Your Copy: Don’t Waste Time
- Create a media strategy that raises your credibility with customers and community.
- Build productive relationships with local and national media.
- Write a media plan that is more than tweets and likes.