What do you keep in your head? Small organizations often run on the knowledge and experience of a few key people. The overhead of identifying, capturing, archiving, and retrieving that wisdom could be a full-time job for everyone. So, how can important historical knowledge be corralled and used without bringing the day-to-day work to a halt?
- Introduction: What Is Knowledge Management?
- The Key Idea: Do A Little As You Go
- Developing Cheat Sheets
- Sharing Online
- Interviewing Longtimers And Bosses
- Audio And Video Captures
- Is Knowledge Management A Waste Of Time?
- Smooth and speed up transitions for new hires and promotions.
- Maintain and use the collected wisdom of experienced employees.
- Avoid big mistakes from the past.