One definition of a customer is anyone in a workplace with whom we have a transaction, exchanging value for value. If we don’t limit value to money, customer service applies to everyone, regardless of position. What if we applied the same standards of courtesy and problem-solving to coworkers as we do to the external customer?
- Introduction: What Is Internal Customer Service?
- The Key Idea: Leverage The Success Of Your Coworkers
- Understand Your Workplace’s Big Picture
- Lateral Management: Build Better Workplace Relationships
- Fight The “It’s Not My Job” Syndrome
- When Is Customer Service Interference?
- Rewarding Team Work Success
- Set priorities based on the organization’s strategic plan.
- Learn how your work impacts the success of coworkers.
- Treat everyone who works at every level with courtesy.