Working at the front desk of a public library or county clerk’s office is not the same as serving customers in a department store. Local government adheres to different ethical and legal standards as well as serving a broader representation of the general public. And the average citizen might be more likely to come to a government office because of a problem. So, how can front line employees better serve the public while keeping their cool?
- Introduction: The History Of Public Sector Service: Safety For The Stranger
- The Key Idea: Government Customer Service Is An Honored Role
- Why Government Customer Service Can Be Harder
- Standards Of Great Customer Service
- How To Deal With An Angry Citizen
- Write And Talk Like A Person, Not A Bureaucrat
- Improving Community Relations With Better Communication Tools
- Establish standards for better customer service.
- Understand and follow public sector ethics.
- Raise citizen satisfaction with government services.