Ethics – the study of morality and of right and wrong – translates into an important workplace issue: Are we doing the right thing the right way? Are we honest with customers, compassionate with staff, transparent with our communities and institutions, above board with vendors and competitors – even when we are not legally compelled?
- Introduction: What Are Your Organization’s Aspirations?
- The Key Idea: Virtue Requires Self-Awareness
- What Defines Workplace Ethics?
- How Will We Evaluate Decisions And Actions?
- How Do We Involve Stakeholders?
- What Is The Cost Of Doing The Right Thing?
- What Happens Next?
- Write, execute, and enforce a code of ethics.
- Help ensure employees are treated fairly.
- Attract customers and support with ethical choices.