What do you need to know in order to be happy? Successful? Is it beating the competition to learn breaking news before anyone else? Obsession with a topic or idea leader? Wanting to be connected to important ideas? Not wanting to be blind-sided by missing information? Or just too busy to throw anything away? When should you unplug?
- Introduction: The Information Audit: Why Are You Spending Your Time Immersed?
- The Key Idea: You Can Turn It Off
- Setting Goals And Priorities
- How To Evaluate Quality
- Accumulation Versus Action
- Weed Your Physical And Virtual Resources
- Seek New Ideas And Relationships
- Eliminate unnecessary information “overhead”.
- Improve the quality of the resources you use.
- Free more time for acting on existing data.