Regardless of the burden of responsibilities in your library,you can be a leader: someone with vision, character,and influence who is comfortable with risk. Do you have a big-picture view of your library? Do you think about the future and talk about your vision for better technology, improved customer service, a superior collection, and community- based programming? Do staff and community members want to follow your lead? Do they listen to your ideas and take you seriously?
- Introduction: How Is Leadership Different?
- The Key Idea: Anyone Can Inspire Innovation And Change.
- How Do Leaders Manage Risk?
- What Is The New Destination You Are Working For?
- How Do You Influence Change When You Don’t Have Authority?
- Character Counts: What Are The Virtue of Leadership?
- What Can You Do, Every Day?
- Focus on future outcomes, not just today.
- Become a positive influence for change in your workplace.
- Attract and build a team for achieving big goals.