The Essential Webinar Series provides an introduction to practical ideas that support workplace and career success.
Public, private, and nonprofit boards help set the goals, oversee budgets and policies, and evaluate the hired and appointed leadership, as well as the success of the strategic plan. Competent boards are vital to the success of organizations, businesses, and communities, but most people are expected to learn their roles on the job.
- Introduction: Serving On A Board Is The Hardest Job You Will Ever Have
- The Key Idea: A Leader In A Group Of Leaders
- It’s More Than Signing Checks and Rubberstamping Policies
- What You Need To Know About The Organization First
- Types of Boards: Which Suits You Best
- Clarifying Your Role: Negotiating With Your Team
- Research and Training: More Than Two Hours Per Month
- Improve your credibility and influence during your initial board appointment.
- Avoid being drafted to rescue the “failing” board your first time out.
- Better plan for the time, money, and attention your board service will take.
Business, Community Development, Employed, Government and Politics, Health, Higher Education, Job-hunters, Libraries, Nonprofits, Religious Organizations, Retired, Schools, Self-employed, Stay-At-Home, Students, Trainers, Volunteers