The Essential Webinar Series provides an introduction to practical ideas that support workplace and career success.
Are the people in your classroom or training program working adults with jobs and families to look after? If so, what is your model for teaching people who might be older, more experienced, and perhaps even more familiar with the topic than you are? And are thinking about what is on their plate at home and work?
- Introduction: The Distracted Learner
- The Key Idea: Students With Real Lives
- Are You Adult-Phobic?
- If Interruptions Were A Given
- Building Classroom Teams
- Provide The Map
- Technology Keeps People In Touch
- Engage working students with busy lives
- Help them stay connected with classmates and course material
- Take advantage of your adult students’ expertise
Business, Community Development, Employed, Government & Politics, Health, Higher Education, Job-hunters, Libraries, Nonprofits, Religious Organizations, Retired, Schools, Self-employed, Stay-At-Home, Students, Trainers, Volunteers