Price: FREE | watch now | Available as a one-hour webinar
Recent political campaigns destroyed lasting friendships, frayed family ties, and alienated neighbors and co-workers. Social media became a battleground of nasty diatribes, insults, and slurs. Is there a better way to talk about ideological differences? The Discovery Model is about listening and sharing with no intention to convince or win a debate. The point? To learn and grow while strengthening workplace, personal, and online relationships.
- Introduction: The Elephant and the Five Wise Blind Seers
- The Key Idea: Are Conversations Battles to Win or Lose?
- The Rules Of The Game: Agreements About Civility
- Start with Commonality and Foundation Ideas
- Precision in Language and Concepts
- Verifying and Evaluating Information
- Avoiding Common Critical Thinking Mistakes
- Build and maintain relationships during divisive political times.
- Attract people who want to discuss issues instead of debating them.
- Create safe public environments for difficult conversations.