Whether you call it bullying, harassing, intimidating, stalking, threatening, tormenting, browbeating, needling, or pushing people around, commonsense calls it bad behavior. What steps need to be taken during your workplace employment cycle and regarding the culture of your workplace to prevent bullying behavior? To address incidents with staff and customers, particularly young people?
- Introduction: What is Bullying…And Other Forms Of Bad Workplace Behavior?
- The Key Idea: Make Your workplace Safe From Bad Behavior
- Don’t Get Sucked In: The Conflict Triangle
- Fix the Foundations: Employment Policies
- Start Off Right: Recruitment and Probation
- Prevention: Employee and Supervisor Education
- When Mistakes are Made: Setting Consequences
- Create a workplace culture that discourages bullying and harassment.
- Review and strengthen orientation of new employees regarding unacceptable behaviors.
- Establish ethical, legal, and respectful ways to deal with workplace mistakes.