Inexperienced business owners sometimes think that business is all about dog-eat-dog, and winner-take-all. The truth is a little more complicated: Most competitors, and vendors, are potential customers and collaborators. Partnering with other organizations is a proven way to stretch resources economically. The big issue is to find ways to fit together so that each partner benefits.
- Introduction: Grow Your Business Through Partnership
- The Key Idea: Look At All Business Relationships Positively
- Be a Good Customer And Competitor
- Learn Their Businesses: What Are Their Goals?
- Look For Ways You Can Work For Mutual Benefit
- Steps To Success: Start Small; Stay Flexible
- How To Create Sustainable Partnerships
- Find opportunities for projects of mutual benefit.
- Extend the reach of public relations and advertising efforts.
- Find ways to share overhead and staff.