Your professional association committee is spread across North America or three continents. You are writing and editing a paper with people on the other side of the globe. Your project requires long-term input from folks who live on the road. What can you do to improve the rapport and connections you would expect if the team was housed in the same room?
- Introduction: The New Virtual Work Team
- The Key Idea: Emotional Connections Count
- Choosing Technology: Multiple Channels For Communication
- Online Rituals: Once A Week Check-Ins
- Who Is In Charge Of Keeping Folks Connected?
- The Extra Burden Of Extra Communication
- Social Media – Pros And Cons
- Choose and implement alternative platforms for communication.
- Better use of social media in shared virtual workplace.
- Improve productivity among virtual team members.